Since Natalya has a whole garden of fresh vegetables, she made a dish that took her back to her childhood. Follow this simple and tasty recipe. For vegetable lovers this could be a main dish (just add sour cream of course!) and for the meat lovers this is a great side dish! Serving size is about 6-8 as a side dish.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 small carrots
- 2 eggplants
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 of a 15 ounce tomato sauce can
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Heat the olive oil in the dutch oven over medium/high heat.
- Chop zucchini, eggplants, bell peppers, and onion. Grate the carrots.
- Add onion and carrots to the dutch oven. Stir occasionally.
- Once the onion is tender, add bell pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add zucchini, sauté for a few more minutes. (Add more oil if needed.)
- Add eggplant, sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- If you feel like your ragù needs more liquid, add some more tomato sauce to juice it up!
- Serve over rice or couscous! Yummy!
Questions? Comments? Please share!
Natalya and Ruth