Hi there! Remember those stuffed bell peppers you saw at Sarah’s birthday party?! If not, you haven’t read our previous post. :( Now is a good time to go back and look at that. :) If you did see it, thank you our good and faithful follower. :) These stuffed bell peppers are so perfect for this fall weather. If you haven’t tried these yet, you are missing out! This recipe is a hit at all parties. Serving size is about 6.
- 10-12 medium size bell peppers
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium size zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 15oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Salt + pepper
- Oil + butter for frying
- Sour cream for topping
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and clean out the seeds. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into chunks and place into a grinder to make ground chicken.
- Add zucchini, rice, dried parsley, salt and pepper to the ground chicken. Mix until combined.
- In a large pot, heat oil and butter, about 1 tbsp. of each. Add onion and carrot. Cook until softened.
- Add can of tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper (to taste), and water to the pot. Mix and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Add half and half.
- Stuff the bell peppers with meat.
- Place bell peppers into the simmering sauce. Turn up the heat to reach a boil. Once it reaches boiling temperature, turn it down to low and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Dinner is ready! Make sure not to forget sour cream on top!
- When adding salt and pepper to the chicken, add your favorite seasonings if you’d like. You can also substitute dried parsley with fresh or omit it all together! Your preference. :)
- Zucchini makes ground meat very juicy and soft, so don’t skip out on it!
Questions? Comments? Please share!
Natalya & Ruth