Hi there!! One time, a few blog posts ago, we mentioned that we would provide a soup recipe that includes our gnocchi. So here it is! If you are making gnocchi using our recipe, you will only need 1/3 of what it makes for the soup. The rest you can freeze and use later or just cook as a main dish. Serving size is about 6-8. This recipe is perfect right for those cold January nights.
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (shredded)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil for sautéing
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups gnocchi
- 2 cups half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups spinach
- Heat oil and butter in a large soup pot. Add onion, carrot, celery and sauté the vegetables until softened.
- Stir in the flour and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add broth, mix well. (If you’d like to add some protein, like cooked chicken, this would be the time to do so!) Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Add parsley, thyme, nutmeg, and gnocchi. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add half & half, salt & pepper to taste. At the very end, add spinach and simmer for just a few more minutes.
- Your soup is hot and ready! Get ready to enjoy a tasty and comforting dish!!
- In our gnocchi recipe, we use a fork to create ridges but for the soup you can skip that step.
Questions? Comments? Please share!
Natalya & Ruth