Hi there! Long time no DIY! Since this amazing season of Christmas is upon us, we have decided to share some cute crafts with you. This felt garland is very wallet friendly and adds that something extra to your home. This is a great craft to work on by yourself of if you have kiddos, they can definitely join in with their creativity! This garland is made up of gingerbread houses and Christmas trees. Some other ideas would be, ornaments, reindeer, Santa, snowman…you get the picture. :) The size of these turned out to be 3×2 in. But yours could be bigger, which would make the detail work easier. Enjoy!!!
- Different color of felt (in this craft we used white, light brown, green and any other color to add some details)
- Embroidery Floss
- Stuffing (we used Buffalo Snow, the snow you use to decorate for Christmas)
- Any other accessories to add details (beads, glitter….)
- Baker’s twine
- Create or print your desired shape. We made Christmas trees and gingerbread houses.
- Trace the shape onto the felt with a pencil. Cut it out. Make sure to make two of everything, the front and back side.
- First work on the details on the front side.
- Stitch together front and back side, leaving the bottom side open with needle and the thread still attached.
- Stuff just a little bit of the snow. Finish stitching.
- If you are planning on creating the gingerbread house, do steps 1-5 for the house part and then stitch on the snow.
- Attach your creation onto baker’s twine. You can use a big needle and sew them thru or hot glue them.
Questions? Comments? Please share!
Natalya & Ruth