Hello fam!! Happy 2017!!! It’s a new year, it’s a new day, it’s a new recipe! Over the holidays, Natalya discovered an old recipe that she found a few years ago on the internet. She made it this past week and fell in love. As she was eating this perfectly crusty loaf of bread, she thought…why not share it with you? This recipe requires very little ingredients and labor. The best part about is that you can make the dough in the evening and it is ready to be baked in the morning! Who doesn’t like freshly baked bread? Can I get jam with that?!
- 3 cups all purpose flour (sifted), plus more for kneading
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients by hand. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside overnight (12-18 hours).
- Place rack low enough for your dutch oven to fit. Heat oven to 450 degrees with the empty dutch oven inside already.
- While it is warming up, about 30-40 minutes, pour dough onto floured surface and shape the dough into a ball and place onto prepared parchment paper.
- Remove the hot dutch oven and drop in the dough with the parchment paper. Cover with lid and return to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- When it’s done, remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!